Since joining Ashbaugh Beal in 2007, I’ve primarily served as outside general corporate counsel for Washington-based companies, entrepreneurs and business owners, providing strategic and innovative counsel and advice. My practice focuses primarily on securities offerings, corporate finance, mergers & acquisitions and intellectual property, but with serving my clients in their everyday business matters and transactions, my practice also involves diverse and nuanced contract work.
As a member of the Corporate Securities Group at Ashbaugh Beal my goal is to provide my clients with cost-effective, creative and efficient solutions to their business problems, as well as helping negotiate and close the deals necessary to make their businesses grow and succeed.
Essentially, my business is making your business work.
As an example of my commitment to staying on the cutting edge of the law, and giving back to the Seattle community, I teach basic contracts at the University of Washington School of Law as a part time professor, and speak annually at the Washington State Bar Association’s CLE on IP Licensing.
- Technical Glass Products, $10 million acquisition of operating division from Pilkington North America, Inc.
- North Creek Shops, LLC, $670,000 Private Placement Financing.
- Evolute Consolidated Holdings, Inc., acquisition of MidTech Partners, Inc.
- 2008 Granite Bay Lands Fund, Formation of $130 million Private Equity Real Estate Fund.
- Rushforth Construction Co., Inc. acquisition by Adolfson & Peterson, Inc.
- Imagekind, Inc. acquisition by CafePress.com, Inc.
- RadiantGrid Technologies, LLC acquisition by Wohler Technologies, Inc.
- HSC Real Estate, Inc., acquisition by Consolidated American Services, Inc.
- Resolute Solutions Corporation, $4.5 million Series A Preferred Stock Financing.
- BD Lawson Partners, LP and BD Village Partners, LP, $170 million debt and equity financing.
- Damn Beaver Co., acquisition of Pig & Whistle.
- Jessica Emard DMD PLLC, acquisition of West Edge Dental.
- ES Seattle, Inc., (“Emilie Sloan”) Series A Private Placement Financing.
- Extreme Access Inc., Shareholder Buy-Out.
Corporate Formation and Finance
Mergers & Acquisitions
J.D., University of Washington School of Law (2007)
BS Communication Studies, University of Puget Sound (2004)
BS Politics & Government, University of Puget Sound (2004)
Washington State Bar
Oregon State Bar
Washington State Bar Association
American Bar Society
King County Bar Association
University of Washington
Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 – 2018
Order of the Barristers, University of Washington 2007
National Moot Court Champion, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2007
2006 Moot Court Champion, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2006
University of Washington Mock Trial Champion, 2006
University of Washington Appellate Advocacy Champion, 2005
Sick Leave, Pot Laws Leave Employers Feeling Queasy, Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce, 2013
- 9th Circuit Provides Investors with Sheltar from Secondary Liability, 2012
Are They Really Accredited Investors, 2012
- Jobs Act: Big Changes Made to Allow Small Investments, 2012
- Which Janus Said What? Where the Buck Stops for Securities Fraud, 2012
- Washington Senate Working on B&O Tax Exemption for New Business, 2012
- SEC Issues Final Rule on “Accredited Investor” Definition, 2012
- Important Changes to LLC Action Effective June 10, 2010, 2010
- Reverse Stock Splits Can Be Used TO Force Out Minority Shareholders, Washington Supreme Court Says, 2010
- Supreme Court Simplification of Corporate Citizenship a Big Win for Business, 2010
- Congress Tightens Standards For Accredited Investors, 2010
- Are WULPA Limited Partnerships the New LLC in 2010, 2010
- Highlighting Major Defects within Washington’s LLC Act, 2010
- The Truth about Forward Looking Statements, 2010