My practice is focused on efficiently and effectively resolving legal disputes. Some of these disputes can be resolved informally by determining where the communication breakdown occurred and identifying my client’s needs moving forward. Other disputes require formal litigation in order to achieve my client’s desired results. I work closely with my clients to understand their situation and develop a personalized strategy to achieve their goals. I then implement that strategy from start to finish. I have successfully performed every stage of litigation, from pre-litigation dispute resolution through trial and, when necessary, on appeal.
I strive every day to provide exceptional service to my clients. To me, exceptional service means communicating with you as often as you need in order for you to feel confident in our strategy, with the ultimate goal of minimizing the stress of the legal process for you.
I have successfully represented clients in a broad range of civil litigation disputes, including employment disputes, breach of contract claims, business ownership disputes, and construction delay claims. Some of my recent results include:
- In 2022, I was lead counsel for a managing member being sued in a derivative lawsuit that included claims of breach of fiduciary duties and misrepresentation. The Arbitrator ruled in our favor at the summary judgment stage on one of the key issues, finding insufficient evidence to support the claims. Shortly thereafter, we were able to get the case resolved.
- In 2022, I was co-counsel for a franchisee in an arbitration against a large, well-known real estate company franchisor. The claims included breach of the franchise agreement, tortious interference, and unjust enrichment. After the arbitration hearing, the arbitrator entered an interim award for a net amount of approximately $5 million in favor of our client. The parties ended up settling all remaining issues shortly thereafter.
- In 2021, I was co-counsel for a minority shareholder in a lawsuit against the majority shareholders. We won summary judgment invalidating an alleged stock option agreement that the majority shareholders attempted to use to force the sale of our client’s ownership interest in a privately held company. Shortly thereafter, we were able to get the case resolved.
- In 2021, I was co-counsel in a lawsuit for a residential property owner against the State of Washington relating to the negligent cutting of timber. After depositions of several key witnesses, we were able to get the case successfully resolved for seven figures.
- In 2021, I was co-counsel in an arbitration between neighbors regarding the ownership of property pursuant to contracts between the parties. After a five-day arbitration hearing, the arbitrator issued a final award in our favor holding that our client owned the property in question.
- In 2020, I represented an employee in a lawsuit against her employer involving claims of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and constructive discharge. When the district court erroneously entered summary judgment against my client largely based on its determination that the workplace was not sufficiently hostile, I successfully appealed the ruling to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, including through written briefing and oral argument. My oral argument for the appeal is available here. The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals decision reversing and remanding all claims for further proceedings is available here.
University of Washington School of Law, Juris Doctor, March 2018
– CALI Award for Compensation and Benefits I with Lee Thorson
– Mediator through University of Washington’s Mediation Clinic
– Trial Advocacy Team Member for the American Association of Justice (AAJ)
– Editor for the Washington Journal of Environmental Law and Policy
University of the Pacific, Bachelors of Arts for Majors in Psychology and in Religious Studies, December 2014
– Minors in Pre-law and Gender Studies
– Pacific Legal Scholar
– Model United Nations team member
– Washington State Bar
– United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
– United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
Washington State Bar Association
Associated General Contractors of Washington
National Association of Women in Construction, Puget Sound Chapter