The lawyers in our Corporate/Securities Law Group strive to become trusted business advisers to our clients, helping them achieve results that propel their businesses forward. To us, that means being effective dealmakers and problem-solvers.
Our lawyers work hand-in-hand with you to gain an in-depth understanding of your short- and long-term business goals. As a part of your strategic team, our lawyers can propose practical solutions for achieving your objectives and help execute your business plan.
General Corporate Counsel
A central aspect of our law practice is providing ongoing general and specialized corporate advice to our private and public clients on matters including:
- Board of directors and corporate governance issues
- Executive compensation
- Stock option plan and employee stock purchase plan reporting and administration
- Strategic planning
For mature private companies, we provide ongoing counsel designed to help our clients take advantage of emerging business opportunities, plan for changes in company structure or ownership and effectively manage the wide range of legal issues that businesses face on a daily basis.
Our privately held clients include corporations, general and limited partnerships, limited liability companies (LLCs) and sole proprietorships.
Emerging Growth Companies
Our lawyers work closely with innovative start-ups in a wide range of industries.
We assist emerging companies with a range of their legal needs including:
- Corporate formation and finance
- Venture capital
- Shareholder buy-sell agreements
- Employment contracts
- Incentive compensation and employee benefit plans
- Arrangements with vendors, suppliers, lessors and lenders
- Protection of technology and trade secrets
As these companies mature, they often require capital to fuel and sustain their growth. Our lawyers can offer advice regarding corporate finance issues including venture capital, private placements and initial public offerings, corporate partnering and strategic alliances.
With government oversight and regulation in business increasing, the relationship between public companies and their outside counsel is critical. Our lawyers can serve as the principal outside counsel for public companies or for their board committees and members.
We provide counsel on a variety of matters including:
- Initial public offerings and subsequent registered offerings to corporate reorganizations
- Mergers and acquisitions (M&A)
- Takeover and takeover-defense strategies
- Design and implementation of equity incentive plans
- Compliance and reporting under federal and state securities laws
- Director and officer liability insurance
- Executive compensation