- All Lawyers
- By Practice
- By Name
- Rebecca S. Ashbaugh
- Khalid Aziz
- Richard T. Beal, Jr.
- Joseph M. Campos
- Chris Ferrell
- James Grossman
- Brian Guthrie
- Jim Houston
- Konrad Kalpen
- Annie Lombroia
- Eleanor Lyon
- Robert S. Marconi
- Zachary O. McIsaac
- Jesse D. Miller
- John S. Riper
- Matthew W. Runkel
- Shirley Shockey-Hogg
- Richard H. Skalbania
- Aaron G. Thomson
- Brittney Tubbs
- All Professionals
- News & Blogs
Aaron has over a decade of experience serving as outside general corporate counsel to a wide variety of privately held businesses, executives, and entrepreneurs. Aaron’s broad transactional practice involves the drafting and negotiation of complex agreements, structuring corporations, partnerships, joint ventures and LLCs, and advising on issues of corporate governance and employment.
Aaron is a creative thinker who has a successful track record of resolving partnership and shareholder disputes, helping clients identify, protect and leverage their intellectual property, and implement cost-effective risk mitigation strategies. Aaron helps guide businesses through their life cycle, from early stage start-ups on shoe string budgets, to growth stage companies looking at debt and equity financing, to mature companies dealing with succession planning and exits via asset sales, mergers & acquisitions.
Aaron always makes a sincere effort to get to know his clients and their business so that he can help them define and achieve their business objectives. Aaron also serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Washington School of Law teaching U.S. contract law to international students.
- $13 million acquisition of a local Puget Sound healthcare IT consulting firm by National healthcare IT Firm
- $7.4 million equity financing of MicaSense, Inc., by Parrot SA
- Resolution of $3.1 million partnership dispute relating to local Seattle Bowling Alley
- Resolution of $700 partnership dispute relating to local Seattle Tech Company
- $1M convertible debt investment by local investors in California based LED Lighting Company
- Structure of joint venture on developing 30,000 sq. ft. state of the art Hematology & Oncology facility in Puyallup
- Convertible Note financing for Washington based artificial intelligence and machine learning based Tech Company
- Purchase and Sale of over 25 Metro PCS dealerships
- Negotiation of complex joint venture agreement between local Washington crane & rigging company and Canadian tech company on Virtual Reality training for Crane & Rigging Operators
- Technical Glass Products, $10 million acquisition of operating division by Pilkington North America, Inc.
- Rushforth Construction Co., Inc. acquisition by Adolfson & Peterson, Inc.
- Imagekind, Inc. acquisition by CafePress.com, Inc.
- RadiantGrid Technologies, LLC acquisition by Wolher Technologies, Inc.
- HSC Real Estate, Inc., acquisition by Consolidated American Services, Inc.
- Resolute Solutions Corporation, $4.5 million Series A Preferred Stock Financing
- BD Lawson Partners, LP and BD Village Partners, LP, $170 million debt and equity financing.
- Damn Beaver Co., acquisition of Pig & Whistle
- Sale of Marge Granola
- Corporate reorganization of Washington-based national HR Communications firm
Corporate Formation and Governance
Debt & Equity Financing
Mergers & Acquisitions
Partnership Disputes & Business Divorces
J.D., University of Washington School of Law (2007)
BS Communication Studies, University of Puget Sound (2004)
BS Politics & Government, University of Puget Sound (2004)
Washington State Bar
Oregon State Bar
Washington State Bar Association
American Bar Society
King County Bar Association
University of Washington
Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010 – 2020
Order of the Barristers, University of Washington 2007
National Moot Court Champion, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2007
2006 Moot Court Champion, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2006
University of Washington Mock Trial Champion, 2006
University of Washington Appellate Advocacy Champion, 2005
Sick Leave, Pot Laws Leave Employers Feeling Queasy, Seattle Daily Journal of Commerce, 2013
- 9th Circuit Provides Investors with Sheltar from Secondary Liability, 2012
Are They Really Accredited Investors, 2012
- Jobs Act: Big Changes Made to Allow Small Investments, 2012
- Which Janus Said What? Where the Buck Stops for Securities Fraud, 2012
- Washington Senate Working on B&O Tax Exemption for New Business, 2012
- SEC Issues Final Rule on “Accredited Investor” Definition, 2012
- Important Changes to LLC Action Effective June 10, 2010, 2010
- Reverse Stock Splits Can Be Used TO Force Out Minority Shareholders, Washington Supreme Court Says, 2010
- Supreme Court Simplification of Corporate Citizenship a Big Win for Business, 2010
- Congress Tightens Standards For Accredited Investors, 2010
- Are WULPA Limited Partnerships the New LLC in 2010, 2010
- Highlighting Major Defects within Washington’s LLC Act, 2010
- The Truth about Forward Looking Statements, 2010