I believe in consistently providing superior, personal, and responsive service. My desire is to work closely with clients in order to thoroughly understand their objectives and goals so that I can help develop creative strategies to efficiently solve their problems and prevent additional problems from arising in the future.
My role is to try to alleviate the burden and stress that comes with litigation in order to make it easier for my clients to focus on their business and what is important to them. I have an ability to take very complex issues and break them down into simple, relevant pieces of the puzzle. I enjoy using my skills to work with individuals and companies to develop successful strategies that are unique to that client’s wants and goals.
My motivation comes from a desire to provide excellent, efficient service that allows clients to focus less on disputes and more on aspirations.
I have successfully represented a broad range of clients in civil litigation disputes, including business owners, individuals, condominium homeowners’ associations, and contractors. The disputes have included breach of contract claims, ownership disputes, promissory notes and personal guarantees, employment claims, construction defect claims, insurance recovery, and intellectual property protection. For example, including some recent results:
Successfully represented franchisee against one of the largest real estate companies in the Western U.S.
- In 2022, Becki was lead counsel for a franchisee in an arbitration against a large, well-known franchisor. The claims included beach of the franchise agreement, tortious interference, and unjust enrichment. After the arbitration hearing, the Arbitrator entered an interim award for a net amount of approximately $5 million in favor of our client. The parties ended up settling all claims shortly thereafter.
Successfully represented shareholders in closely-held company disputes.
- In 2021, Becki was lead counsel for a minority shareholder in a lawsuit against the majority shareholders. We won summary judgment invalidating an alleged stock option agreement that the majority shareholders attempted to use to force a sale of our client’s ownership interest in a privately held company. Shortly thereafter, we were able to get the case resolved.
Successfully resolved LLC disputes and breach of fiduciary duty cases.
- In 2021, Becki was lead counsel for an LLC member in a lawsuit involving claims for breach of the LLC operating agreement, breach of fiduciary duty, unjust enrichment, and declaratory relief. After taking depositions of key individuals and defeating the other member’s motion for summary judgment, we were able to get the case successfully resolved.
Successfully represented employees that have been wrongfully terminated from their employment.
- In 2021, Becki was lead counsel in cases for employees who had been wrongfully terminated, retaliated against, experienced discrimination, and/or constructively discharged.
Successfully represented property owners in civil disputes.
- In 2021, Becki was lead counsel in a lawsuit for a residential property owner against the State of Washington relating to the negligent cutting of timber. After taking depositions of several key witnesses, we were able to get the case successfully resolved for seven figures.
- In 2021, Becki was lead counsel in a lawsuit for a residential property owner brought by the City of Burien, alleging nuisance and requesting abatement and injunctive relief. We were able to get the case resolved and the lawsuit dismissed.
Legal counsel to sports-related organizations and individuals, including the Seattle Storm of the WNBA.
Representation of individuals and companies against insurance carriers who refused to provide insurance benefits. Becki was lead counsel in lawsuits involving claims for breach of the carrier’s duty to defend and insurance bad faith cases. Successful settlements in clients’ favor, including seven and eight figure settlements.
Successfully represented numerous condominium homeowners’ associations throughout the Greater Seattle area with respect to construction defect and property damage issues. Resolved construction defect disputes for seven and eight figures.
Representation of contractor in differing site conditions claim in arbitration. Obtained a complete victory with an award of every dollar sought, plus attorneys’ fees and costs.
Commercial and Business Litigation
Complex Civil Litigation
Shareholder and Closely-Held Company Disputes
Wrongful Termination/Employment Claims
University of Oregon School of Law (J.D., 2006)
Santa Clara University (B.S., Operations Management and Information Systems, 2002)
Admitted to Washington State Courts
United States District Court for the Western District of Washington
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Washington
Washington State Bar Association
Associated General Contractors of Washington
Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2022 & 2023
Super Lawyers, Top Rising Star – Women, 2012 & 2014
Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2010 & 2011, 2014 – 2020